As of May 25, 2018, the General Regulation on Personal Data Protection (GDPR) has been applied in Bulgaria. It has been adopted by the European Union and aims to harmonize the policies of the EU Member States regarding the collection and use of personal data.
Another of its purposes is to guarantee our right to privacy, to protect our personal data, to secure against the misuse of personal information of each of us. The new regulation comes with a number of requirements that Viasat Technology applies and which you can read here. Among them are:
- To let you know what data we use.
- To let you know why we use it.
- To ask you for your consent to use the data when we provide additional services based on it.
- To give you the opportunity to change your consent for various purposes through this site to have more freedom.
- We guarantee you the right to request correction of your data, its deletion, as well as to be “forgotten”. In addition, we may provide you with downloadable data or transfer it if you notify us and identify yourself accordingly.
- Indicate all third parties / other companies with whom we share your data. Keep in mind that the Internet is a global network, we often use standardized services to register logins and track behavior in an anonymous version, such as Google Analytics.
All data that allows a user to be identified is considered personal data. It can be email, name, mobile phone, residential address, IP address.
Purposes and principles in collection, processing and storage of your personal data
Viasat Technology collects and processes the personal data you provide to us in connection with the use of our services and for concluding a contract with the company, including for the following purposes:
- Create an account and provide full functionality in providing our services
- Individualization of a party to the contract;
- Accounting purposes;
- Statistical purposes;
- Information security protection;
- Ensure the implementation of the contract for the provision of the respective service;
- Send information messages, messages about changes in the service, recommendations for improving the use of the platform, new and upgraded subscription plans, promotional offers, etc.
- Provide technical support through a call center;
Viasat Technology adheres to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- Legality, good faith and transparency;
- Restriction of processing purposes;
- Correlation with the purposes of processing and minimizing the collected data;
- Accuracy and timeliness of data;
- Restriction of storage in order to achieve the objectives;
- Integrity and confidentiality of the processing and ensuring an appropriate level of security of personal data.
In processing and storage of personal data, Viasat Technology may process and store personal data in order to protect its following legitimate interests:
Fulfillment of its obligations to the National Revenue Agency, the Ministry of Interior and other state and municipal bodies.
What types of personal data does Viasat Technology collect, process and store?
Viasat Technology performs the following personal data operations for the following purposes:
- Email for sending information messages – the purpose of this activity is to administer the process of sending messages to customers, which relate to improvements, changes or innovations in the services, exceeded parameters, and expiring services, according to the contract for the service.
- Name, Email and phone number – data needed to send additional information related to the services offered by Viasat Technology; sending individual offers; contacting our employee, at your request by filling out online forms on viasattech.com
- E-mail for our Newsletter – the purpose of this operation is to administer the process of sending newsletters to customers who have stated that they wish to receive;
Transfer your personal data for processing
Viasat Technology in its sole discretion, may transfer some or all of your personal data to personal data processors for the purposes of processing in compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Viasat Technology will notify you in case of intention to transfer part or all of your personal data to third countries or international organizations.
Your rights in collection, processing and storage of your personal data
- Withdrawal of consent for the processing of your personal data
- If you do not wish all or part of your personal data to continue to be processed by Viasat Technology whether for a specific purpose or for all purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by filing a request to the contacts indicated.
- Viasat Technology may ask you to verify your identity and the identity of the data subject.
- Right of access
- You have the right to request and receive confirmation from Viasat Technology whether personal data related to you are processed.
- You have the right to access data related to you, as well as information related to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data.
- Viasat Technology provides you, upon request, a copy of the processed personal data related to you, in electronic or other appropriate form.
- Providing access to the data is free of charge, but Viasat Technology reserves the right to charge an administrative fee in case of repetitive or excessive requests.
- Right of correction or completion
- You may correct or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data relating to you directly by filing a request to Viasat Technology.
- Right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that Viasat Technology delete the personal data related to you. Viasat Technology has the obligation to delete them without undue delay when any of the following reasons exist:
- Personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw your consent on which the data processing is based and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing of personal data related to you, including for the purposes of direct marketing, and there are no legal grounds for processing to take precedence;
- Personal data has been processed illegally;
- Personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation under EU law or the law of a Member State that applies to Viasat Technology;
- Personal data has been collected due to provision of information society services.
Viasat Technology is not obliged to delete personal data if stores and processes it for:
- to exercise the freedom of expression and the right to information;
- to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing provided for in EU law or the law of a Member State applicable to the Administrator or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official powers conferred on him;
- for reasons of public interest and/or in the field of public health;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- In order to exercise your right to be forgotten, you must submit a written request sent to Viasat Technology, as well as verify your identity and identity with the data subject to a Viasat Technology employee.
- Viasat Technology does not delete data that it has a legal obligation to store, including for protection in connection with lawsuits against it or proof of its rights.
- Right of restriction – You may request Viasat Technology to restrict the processing of data related to you when:
- Dispute the accuracy of personal data for a period that allows Viasat Technology to verify the accuracy of personal data;
- The processing is illegal, but you do not want your personal data to be deleted, only its use to be restricted;
- Viasat Technology no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but you require it to establish, exercise or defend your legal claims;
- You have objected to the processing pending verification that the legal grounds of Viasat Technology take precedence over your interests.
- Right of portability
- You can at any time download the data stored and processed for you in connection with the use of Viasat Technology services, directly through your account or by request by email.
- You can ask Viasat Technology to transfer your personal data directly to an administrator of your choice, where technically feasible.
- Right to receive information – You may request Viasat Technology to inform you of all recipients to whom the personal data for which correction, deletion or restriction of processing has been requested have been disclosed. Viasat Technology may refuse to provide this information if this would be impossible or would require a disproportionate effort.
- Right to object – You may object at any time to the processing of personal data by Viasat Technology that concerns you, including if it is processed for profiling or direct marketing purposes.
Your rights in the event of a breach of the security of your personal data
If Viasat Technology finds a breach of the security of your personal data, which may pose a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you without undue delay of the breach and of the measures that have been taken or are to be taken.
Viasat Technology is not obliged to notify you if:
- Has taken appropriate technical and organizational protection measures with regard to data affected by the security breach;
- Has subsequently taken steps to ensure that the violation does not pose a high risk to your rights;
- Notification would require a disproportionate effort