VIASAT INSURANCE TELEMATICS
Innovation in Insurance Telematics
VIASAT INSURANCE TELEMATICS is an innovative and unique solution for the Bulgarian market in the fields of insurance telematics. The service allows the insurers a close control and information about how the insured vehicles are being used by the clients, driver’s profiling. Using this information, the insurers have the ability to set up flexible insurances, based on vehicle usage and assessment of the risk profile of each driver (UBI – Usage Based Insurance). Thus, the good drivers are encouraged with lower price insurance and the “bad”drivers are “punished” with high price insurance. Among the other benefits of the service are reduction of the volume of the paid claims, diminishing the road accidents, lower quantity of the claims, ability for localisation of the stolen vehicles, as well as, minimizing the fraud, connected to the claims for damages and their removal.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
Insurers, Insurance brokerage, etc.
- IRV (Index Risk Viasat) – assessment of the risk profile of the driver, used from the Insurer for calculation of the insurance paid by him or her.
- Vehicle usage statistics.
- Vehicles routes.
- Digital map with traffic information.
- Vehicle location.
- Data for assessment of the driver’s risk profile.
- Assessment of the driver based on pre-defined IRV (Risk Index Viasat).
- Vehicle Usage Statistics
- Crash Detection – hour, date, location.
- Crash Dynamics Data – G, speed, impact direction, etc.